Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Bikini season!

I love this time of year... the days are longer, the trees are blooming, and the weather is getting warmer. It's also the time of year when we put away our jeans and baggy sweatshirts and trade them in for shorts, dresses, and bikinis and say hello to pool parties and beach vacations! For many women, this may bring on a sense of panic as we go into full beast mode at the gym and eat only salads all day and every day to make sure our body is in tip-top shape by the time that beach vacation rolls around. 
Never fear, if you stick to a plant based diet and regular fitness routine you won’t have to make any drastic changes and you will look and feel better than you ever have! Now we all have "problem" areas and things we don't like about our body but with a clean diet and exercise regime you will feel healthy and fit from the INSIDE out. 

Take advantage of the warmer weather and get outside for a run or bike ride. This is also the time of year when many fruits and vegetables are in season so pick up some fresh berries or pineapple and make a delicious smoothie.

In the next few weeks I will be posting several plant-based recipes that are perfect for the summer as well as workout routines that will focus on different areas to tone and shape your bikini body. What are your focus areas that you would like to work on or tone? My focus areas tend to be my stomach and butt because the changes I see when I am eating clean and exercising are the most gratifying for me. Let me know what you like to focus on and I will post some of my favorite exercises for you!

Don’t run scared from your favorite bikini or summer dress, but use it as motivation to kick start your new healthy lifestyle!




No comments:

Post a Comment