Monday, June 16, 2014

Great Sage: My Favorite Restaurant

I don’t tend to eat out a lot because I like to make my own food with fresh ingredients. I like knowing what is in my food and being able to control the ingredients since I don’t like cooking with a lot of salt or oil. However, about once a month or so, my husband and I will go out to dinner and this weekend, we went to my favorite restaurant called Great Sage, located in Clarksville, Maryland. 

Great Sage is an all vegan restaurant that also has soy free and gluten free options. They have delicious food that vegans and non-vegans can enjoy, such as artichoke spinach dip, Adult Mac & ‘cheese’, Pesto Gnocchi with homemade pasta and Sage’s Famous Carrot Cake. They also have a variety of fresh juices and smoothies on their menu as well as daily specials. The menu changes every few months so you can try something new every time you go. Everything they serve is vegan so you don’t have to worry about cross-contamination with animal products like in most restaurants. 

This weekend, I enjoyed the Hearts of Palm ‘Crab Cake’ and my husband got the Lentil Loaf which was on special. The food and service at Great Sage is always great and I am never disappointed when I go there. If you live in the mid-Atlantic area I would greatly suggest trying this restaurant. Even if you aren’t vegan you will still enjoy a great meal and a great experience.

 Live Green Kale Juice
Vegetable Wrap with Potato Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment