Thursday, July 24, 2014

Insanity: Get FIT or Get OUT!

Have you ever considered doing the Insanity program by Shaun T?

I highly recommend it and incorporate the workouts into my weekly workout regime. I do not follow the 60-day program, but intermix the individual workouts with my regular cardio and strength training. On average, I do about 2-3 Shaun T workouts per week. These are INTENSE TOTAL-BODY workouts that combine cardio, strength, and body weight exercises to work your entire body. They are TOUGH, but the results speak for themselves. You will feel the burn for sure! A lot of the time, women think that cardio alone is enough, but we need strength and interval training as well to burn fat and get a strong and lean body. Below I broke down some of the individual workouts so you can see how I incorporate them into my other weekly workouts.

30-45 minutes each
       Plyometric Cardio Circuit – This is the first Insanity workout I ever did and I thought I was done after the warm-up! This is an interval workout with 2 minute intervals with a 30 second break
       Cardio Power & Resistance – This workout focuses more on strength training and jumping
       Pure Cardio – This is my favorite Insanity workout because the exercises are 1 minute each and do not repeat
       Core Cardio and Balance – This is a good workout for an “easier” day. It is definitely still challenging and will work you out, but is a little slower paced than the other workouts

Cardio Abs – This is a really good 15 minute cardio abs workout with not 1 single crunch! I usually do this after a long run

45-60 minutes - These workouts are in month 2 of the 60-day program and are longer and tougher than the workouts in month 1 but follow the same basic principals
       Max Interval Circuit – 3 minute intervals x3 with a 30 second break
       Max Interval Plyo – 3 minute intervals x3 with a 30 second break

       Max Cardio Conditioning – 1 minute exercises without repetition

No comments:

Post a Comment