Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What is Your Body Type?















Body types are a framework, made up of your bone structure, bone density and musculature. To an extent, you cannot change your body type when it relates to the length of your limbs or your height. However, this doesn’t mean that ectomorphs can never put on muscle or endomorphs can never be thin, they just have to work a little harder. For instance, an ectomorph should consume more calories and focus more on strength building exercises if they want to put on muscle. On the other hand, mesomorphs should watch there calorie intake as they tend to put on fat more easily along with muscle. Once you know what body type you are, you can tailor your diet and exercise plan to meet your specific goals.

I am an ectomorph. I am tall, thin and lanky. It is easy for me to lose weight but not easy to put on muscle. Therefore, I try to incorporate more high intensity interval training and strength training into my regular cardio routine. I tend to eat a lot of calories since I am very active on a regular basis, exercising 6-7 times per week for 40-60 minutes on average.

No comments:

Post a Comment